Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wakie, Wakie! Time to get up!

The first thing I noticed about Mother Teresa's schedule was the WAY early rise time! I usually hit snooze from 5:30 to 6:30, the absolute last minute that I can get up and still get the kids on the bus on time! So why is my alarm set an hour early you ask? Simply to have a pray and scripture time before I start the chaos of the day! No wonder things are so chaotic all day. First thing in the morning, I am neglecting my first priority! So.. I spent most of the day trying to come up with ways that I can get myself out of bed on time! (5:30, not 6:30). Since my husband is out the door to work by 4AM, having him wake me, is not an option, though it would be nice to talk to him in the mornings!

I started by asking myself what is different about the days that I do just jump right up and get going.
  1. is days that I have something fun to do, or the kids have a soccer game, or we are going on a trip.
  2. is days that I have a large to do list because we are having company
  3. when I am staying somewhere else, my mom's, camping, hotel
"But" I told myself over some pots I was scrubbing, "in the morning, I get to have a conversation with God!" How much more important and exciting is that!! Perspective!  Let's hope that helps, especially now that I have it in writing! I was up at 6:40, this morning; had a kid in bed with me.

The second thing I noticed was how simple it was; wash, eat, pray, work. 4 items.. that's all.. not a page long to do list with each 15 minute period filled. 4 items. This is what it means to live the simple life. Notice also they pray, and receive Jesus before they start their day, and pray in the middle, and pray to end their day.. just like eating, you pray..

Let us all take some time today to sit down with our To Do Lists, and simplify, can you get yours down to 4 items? And maybe after I in the groove of a 5:30 rise time, I can then get up even earlier to see my husband before he leaves!

No comments:

Post a Comment