Monday, September 26, 2011

What I have been doing..

Since I last blogged..
 
My oldest daughter started 5th grade, and also started song leading at church.
My younger daughter started 2nd grade
My oldest son started Bridging.. Pre-K AM, Kindergarten Afternoons.. he just wasn't quite ready for K!
My youngest son got potty trained!

We got a new puppy, GiGi, who is a Scottish Terrier/Schnauzer mix... NOT potty trained yet :)

We started Frontier Girls Troop #146, and actually have our first official meeting this afternoon, we had an informational meeting, and walked in the local parade, and ran a free-throw shot booth at a carnival as a fundraiser. I am so excited, this is a wonderful organization with badges like self-control, patience, etiquette! I am in the process of creating a blog for them as well.

I beacame the 4th grade CCD teacher at our Parish. We are learning the Act of Love, the 10 Commandments, and the Beatitudes. They are a lively bunch, who spark wonderful discussions! We are slowly making lapbooks titled God's Rules 4 Life with the beatitudes and commandments and examples of how to live each one; with the Act of Love, and the Great Commandment also.

We had a massive hail storm and were without power for three days, the insurance totalled both our vehicles, so I had to go van shopping, and now we are in the process of getting bids to re-roof the house, new air conditioner, and new siding, front door and screens. And the back mudroom was damaged from the roof leaking. The good that came out of it is I love my new van, we got to sleep at a hotel and go swimming, and we are getting rid of propane and getting an electric furnace! And I get to pick a new color for the house, and a pretty new front door. Thank God for insurance!

And my two daughters started piano lessons, so there is lively music in the house!

Thanks for reading, and I will try to post every Monday, unless I get into another project and need to post more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment