Friday, May 20, 2011

Girl Scouts of the USA

I have been shocked and saddened the past couple of days as things become more and more clear about the Girl Scouts involvement with Planned Parenthood, promoting to girls as young as 9 years old that being sexually active in any form is their right (including masturbation, homosexual and bisexual), as well as contraception and abortions. The Girl Scouts are re-organizing all their badges and award requirements, and I have been researching and studying, and viewing the websites the girls will be asked to view while earning these badges. It is completely appalling! and disgusting! They actually had the nerve to tell girls that masturbation, emergency contraception, and getting drunk and high is their "choice" to make, and it is okay if they choose that! One line in their new brochure says "being forced by law to reveal your HIV status is a violation of your rights, and your partner does not need to know". WHAT????

I would like to share with you a website I found by two very courageous, young, and profoundly insightful high school ladies who were girl scouts. They have very carefully have compiled the new badges and books by the GSUSA and share the links that they expect the girls to go to, and the background stories on these new "Girl Heroines" that GSUSA are promoting to girls as young as 5.  http://www.speaknowgirlscouts.com/

The new badge requirements, and the contents of the Journey books which are now required has made it impossible for me to continue with this organization. I am hoping to have my scouts join me in Frontier Girls or American Heritage Girls. But, all I can control is the part that I, and my family will play in this situation, and where my time and money will be used in the future.

Events like these will occur in our lives, how we respond to them, is what develops our morals and character, strength and leadership skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment